Advanced Level SwingJive
"Advanced" Level Swing Jive Courses are Equivalent to "Beginners Plus" Level Lindy Hop
As well as being a natural progression for dancers who have completed our Inters Plus SwingJive level, we welcome dancers who are at the fledgling stage of learning lindy hop. Before joining any of the 3x10 week Advanced SwingJive level courses, you should either:
Advanced Teal Starting in January...
- Tables of upcoming and/or current Advanced 10-Week SwingJive courses are detailed above.
- We'll notify potential participants via email when next term's bookings open. Please join our mailing list and select the relevant options if you'd like updates.
- The date column in the tables shows the "next lesson date". This will be Lesson 1 unless the course has already started. (Check on the course booking page).
- Click the "Booking & Info" link in the final column to go to the course booking page.
Courses in Progress...
These courses started in September and are currently in progress
Will run after Easter
What To Expect From 10-Week Advanced SwingJive Courses
Each Advanced SwingJive Course builds on what you have learned at the lower levels. In particular, the Advanced SwingJive courses use the foundations of basic Charleston and 6-beat rhythm to bring you into the world of lindy hop.
The weekly format will see a routine at the start of the session followed by freestyle practice time. Just like in other courses, we repeat the new move from the previous lesson and a move from an earlier course, alongside the new move of the week. This means you are always enjoying a fresh move while reinforcing content learned in the past.
You will learn the Tandem Charleston, triple steps and the eight-beat rhythm, learning how to apply these appropriately and integrate them with your existing dancing.
Different Content on Three Advanced SwingJive Courses
Just like at the Inters Plus level, there are three courses and each course contains different content. The three courses rotate during the year, they are colour-coded as follows:
- Violet in the Autumn term every year
- Teal in the Spring term every year
- Magenta in the Summer Term every year
That's right, we've had to dig deep in our pencil case to find some more colours!
As these three Advanced level courses are at the same level of difficulty, they can be taken in any order. That is, it doesn't matter which term of the year you start learning at the Advanced level.